View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2018, 12:00 am   #24
Oldcodger
Nonode

Default Re: Info. on 'phone requested

Panasonic did two types of phones. "System phones", which were 4w phones. Those for the older "A" series were designed to use a data pair and a speech pair, and the data pair was polarity sensitive. A later system ( from memory -SBS) also used system phones, which would work on A series, but were not polarity sensitive. Then there were the system phones designed to work on the KXT ( 4 W) and KXTD( 2 w ,with a combined speech port . Therewas also the DBS system ( I remember them as 4w ).
Then there was at least one POT- KX-T7310 ,a simple telephone, with sixteen memories on phone and designed as a superior POT extension on those systems that would accept SLT.

My post is only designed to illustrate the differing types of Panasonic system /office system phone, that need a data connection to a system to work and highlight the problems of buying any old phone. I spotted a pair of old "A" series 4w phones at a car boot one day, with a notice- "tested and working". I asked whre they had been tested- "At home " and on further enquiries was told on a BT line. Bloke ( IMHO)had no idea of what he was selling.