View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2018, 9:04 am   #9
stevehertz
Dekatron

Default Re: Radiophile Auction - Gnosall 22nd July

This is all well meant, heartfelt emotional stuff. Correct me if I'm wrong but this is a commercial auction that people, whether buying or selling, have to pay for in some way. Yes, it's meant to be a nice, cuddly, hobby based auction but that doesn't matter, there will always be money focused traders there just as there were at BVWS Harpenden so called swap meets in the 70s. It's no good keep moaning about them, or blaming them, they are there legitimately, and as far as I know there is no stipulated requirement for them to roll their sleeves up. If people want this situation to change then there has to be organizational changes that make them do so. That or put up and shut up. It's no good keep blaming others. This auction has been running for some 30 years now (I attended the first one) and you would have thought by now that its smooth, hiccup free operation would be second nature. I'm sorry for my strong words, but being able to stand back and look at the bigger picture, not to mention having been the organiser of events as part of my job in the electronics industry, I'm afraid that's how I see it.