View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2022, 7:30 pm   #7
regenfreak
Heptode

Default Re: 6-gang FM stereo tuner heads

I guess everything is time limited and a dead end. The same could apply to the end of analogue FM broadcast in x and y years from now. Since life is short, enjoy while it lasts I just notice the prices for older style of dual gated mosfets with legs are quite expensive, not a lot cheaper than VHF valves.

I wonder why some high-ended tuners use a combination of capacitive and inductive coupled bandpass filters. I speculated that sometimes the low-frequency skirt of capacitive coupled bandpass filter has a steeper skirt. While the inductive coupled bandpass filter has a steeper skirt at the high-frequency side. By combining these two, the overall bandpass response would have a more symmetrical shape. The attached schematic of a high ended tuner has 8-gang 3-pole filters that use such combinations. I dont know if alignment of such elaborated 3-pole filters would call for the Dishal's method. I find it difficult to understand the logic behind the Dishal's step-by-step procedure, giving me headache just to think about it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3-pole bandpass.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	253971