View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2018, 11:38 am   #4
PsychMan
Octode

Default Re: How much time do you get to work on sets?

I get very little workshop time currently with a new baby around, full time job, trying to improve my guitar skills, a house needing renovation in various places, an overgrown garden....Its a never ending list of tasks, but the key is planning, pacing and prioritising, otherwise you go insane! I get maybe 2 hours a week workshop time, if I'm lucky.

Workshop time hasn't consisted of vintage radios for a little bit, simply because other things have needed repairing, hifi amp, gluing a dining room chair, fixing a clock, getting my pantry transmitter usable..

The trouble when you become someone who repairs things, is you end up delving into all sorts and spending lots of time on things like cheap clocks, instead of doing what most people do and throw them in the bin!

Its a very small workshop and needs a good tidy, which happens incrementally as I find places for things. Im itching to get an AR88 back on the bench but really need a tidy desk for starters.

As a substitute, when I get time at work I follow this forum, and study respective service data for stuff Im working on, make notes and plan the time I do get so I get the most value out of it.

I have a lot of stuff in my to-do pile radio wise, some in the loft, some in various rooms...Its all a bit much really so I've presently banned myself from acquiring anything else