View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2018, 10:56 am   #1
stevehertz
Dekatron

Default How much time do you get to work on sets?

I'm thinking that I'm in a similar position to many of us. I have loads of sets that need attention but not enough time to work on them. Is that you? My problems are several fold.

1) I have lots of other calls and needs in life; a very large garden with trees and hedges etc that has been neglected for too many years, three different modes of part time work (I'm retired from full time employment), an ageing needy mom, my lovely partner to share good times with, other hobbies (too many), a veritable houseful of 'junk' from hobbies and related that I'm gradually getting rid of, house maintenance and redecorating.. and so on, you know how it is.

2) In all honesty, having too many sets that is good for me.

3) Having too many sets that have been started on and left because I'm stuck or waiting for a part etc. They take up far too much space due to them being in bits and gathering dust on a shelf. Then you forget how to put them back together again in the case of complex hifi items with multiple chassis, screws etc.

When I say "sets" I mean anything from a 30s radio or 50s TV to a 70s receiver or pair of speakers.

What about you? do you get enough time to work on sets and what - if anything - 'gets in the way' ?