View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2010, 5:12 pm   #42
Retired
Heptode

Default Re: French polishing for beginners.

Hi,
Many thanks Alan & Kevin for your kind comments. I totally agree with you Kevin regarding the sheer pleasure it gives to switch on and stand back to admire a newly fully restored wireless; the harder the restoration the greater the pleasure.

I've finally tried the Manista hand cleaner Ben and agree it is good stuff; it does feel strange in use as it's like rubbing rough grit between the hands but it beats washing up liquid so many thanks for recommending it as I'm now a convert.

My latest project is giving me a great deal of grief at the moment as I'm attempting to make a brand new wire wound pot track from scratch. It is proving to be a fascinating project and so far I've managed to heat form the Paxolin/Tufnol track.

Sorry moderators; I've drifted again but would like to take this opportunity to request additional categories to be added to this excellent forum as there are so many interesting projects indirectly connected to wireless restoration after all how many ways are there of changing caps and resistors?

For anyone interested I'm "retired 2000" on ARF

Kindest regards, Col.