View Single Post
Old 30th May 2020, 5:55 pm   #460
Timbucus
Octode

Default Re: MK14 schematic revisions

Yes I had similar findings and had to slow send14 down a tad. Once I realised I was using the wrong keyboard connector (the one on the flying lead is for the JMP layout) I was away.

I have run MESSAGE (<256 bytes), LIFE(384 bytes in RAM/IO) and SEGTRIS (512 bytes BOTH RAM) fine on the board. One disappointment was that my INS8154 for the second MK14/SCRUMPI3 was dead as a doornail - too late to send it back now 10 months later... and I can't see anyone selling any either.

It has been a busy day with errands etc and not the least of which working out why my PC is resetting all the time - seems one of the disks in my array is failing... no spare to bring online either - so one on order and finding some spare spinning rust big enough for a backup run.

I did just finish the VDU and due to the risk with only one 8154 I rigged a few jumper wires in its socket to hold lines low as described in the manual. No video with or without the Char Gen - so looks like some work to do checking everything but, not tonight - I think I need to get out of this chair...

Looks like the V6 board is good though. One thing to watch out for is that the changes for NENIN (cutting link to IC10 etc) have been done on the board already but, it does need a pullup on NWDS to 5V - I fitted it on my VDU under the board as that comes through on the connector - I suspect others may find a place under the V6!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3310.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	207236