View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2017, 12:14 am   #12
M6SPW1974
Pentode

Default Re: Radiophile Auction - 10th December

Yes was a great sale,i was first there as i arrived very early to try & beat the worst of the bad weather,the roads were very sketchy around the Stafford - Gnosall area,it was like the roads had never seen a gritter,a bit precarious in places i can tell you that & i was in a Mini Paceman 4x4.

Myself,Glyn & Big Al & a few others stopped until the very end to help clear up,the usual "one" from Wembley who buys all the valves had no interest in helping and was to busy complaining to Chas about something about his bill rather than getting stuck in despite him making bucket loads out of Chas,probably had too many Peroni's that i saw him drinking while he was bidding

My only complaint was myself & my friend Glyn bought a few of the valves that were being sold individually,the ones we bought were sold as being tested as 80% good & new,some of them were barely in the good on my valve tester & Glynn said it was the same at his end with the valve he had bought,all i can say is i won't be buying any of those valves being sold seperately again,just not worth the risk.

Last edited by M6SPW1974; 12th Dec 2017 at 12:21 am.