View Single Post
Old 1st May 2017, 11:21 pm   #47
1100 man
Octode

Default Re: Pilot PT650 "Spacemaker" Television

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver35 View Post
I'm wondering where you go from here, once this set's finished. A set that's been washed up on the beach? A set that's been buried in landfill for 50 years?
Good evening,
This is something of a first for me- I've never gone to this level with a restoration before. To be truthful, in the past I've only ever repaired TV's just to get them working. I had never considered doing a full restoration before as the sets which had come my way had all been in fairly good condition.
I have restored several 'basket case' Austin 1100's to as original condition, so when this set came my way, it seemed natural to apply the same ethos to it.
There were two major things in it's favour: I was really taken by the styling with the big screen and minimal cabinet and the fact it was in such a dire state to make it a real challenge
I am finding it very interesting to do and writing up the results is also strangely rewarding. Many thanks to everyone for your kind comments and encouragement- it's most appreciated! I never thought I'd see the day when I would be re stuffing a smoothing capacitor!
Many thanks
Cheers Nick