View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2017, 8:10 pm   #12
Oldcodger
Nonode

Many thanks, David- all comments are welcome. Looking at the IC pads, I think I'll have to make my own DIL sets. I had wondered about the pads, as in the past, I've always used transfers for these .
The "holes " in the tracks - I must admit that they are there in the printed copy ,but not as pronounced. Looking at the design with no grid on ( I at first thought that these were grid markings), I can see them as lighter colour dots on the tracks , where they join. I can only think that this is the track showing where it ends, and joins another ( in a bend) , and there must be some way to get rid of them ,that I haven't found out. Thanks for pointing them out.
I notice that you also use an inkjet for printing the mask. Haven't tried yet, but have you found any optimum settings for the printer wrt paper settings. I'm tempted to try the glossy photo setting .

I've just printed out a B &W copy of the positive and no holes appear,so I'm now convinced that the holes are line end markers ( which the corner tool should cover up, but I can't get it to do ) , so if all else fails, then it looks like print/ scan and use the scan to make a negative mask.

I've just realised that my inversion didn't work out as it should, and have now found how to invert in Adobe. But those dreaded end of line holes are still there. Might be time to ask Express help for help on how to use the corner tool to eliminate them .