View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2017, 11:43 pm   #6
1100 man
Octode

Default Re: Pilot PT650 "Spacemaker" Television

Hi John,
The PCB does look in pretty good order although its not exactly flat! Should clean up well though. I'll replace the half dozen Hunts caps and the two tone electrolytic plus there are various resistors that look distressed. I did notice that one of the cores on an IF can has been wound very far out so maybe, as you suggested, it was twiddled to try and get better sound.
When I get that far, I will have a go at reforming the main smoothing can nice and gently which will hopefully recover.
The tuner is pretty good inside- just filthy! For some reason the wire spring that operates the 'clunk clunk' action is missing but I can come up with something.
I've just put it back in its case to make it easier to transport back to Essex tomorrow night and I must say it looks great- really cool design. The screen also looks huge! I shall enjoy watching it when it's done: only vintage programs though!!
I'm looking forward to Harpenden next weekend so I can stock up on caps from the BVWS stall as I now have three rebuilds on the go so that will keep me out of mischief in the evenings for quite a while
Cheers Nick