View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2016, 2:42 pm   #39
Techman
Dekatron

Default Re: Old torches - anyone here collect them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMurdo View Post
If anyone's interested I have a couple of inter-war catalogues with lots of torches in them I could scan.
I think I'm probably speaking for most of the readers of this thread in saying that we'd love to see scans of these catalogue pages for old torch adverts, I know I certainly would

Some good examples being shown and reminding me of some of the ones that I've had in the past that haven't survived.

The three coloured torch that I showed in post #17 is one that I've had for a very long time but wasn't one that I bought, or had from new and I can't actually remember where it came from. However, I did have another version of this torch that I had new as a kid which had the centre of the lens blanked off with red and green cylinders that slid up round the bulb to produce the different colours. This torch disappeared many years ago, probably victim of rotting batteries.

After looking in an old tool box, I've found another two of the screwdriver bits for the screwdriver torch shown in post #18, so that's three out of the original four - just one more to go for the complete set.