View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2019, 1:35 am   #1
Lancs Lad
Heptode

Default 1990s Tefal Toaster.

Does anyone remember the Tefal long slot toaster from the 1990s? It just had one big, wide slot, with a bread carriage that adjusted itself to whatever thickness of bread slice (or crumpet) that was inserted.

It didn't have all those wire elements inside, either. Just two (silica?) tubes on either side against highly reflective metal curved background sheets.

It was the best toaster I've ever had, and it was a sad day when it finally went pop with a blue flash that frightened the life out of me! My digital Freeview box also went pop, with an almost as impressive a blue flash the same day - probably unrelated, but you never know....!

Do any of you know of anything similar on the market today? I've put up with my budget £5 toaster from Morrison's for quite a while, and toying with the idea of treating myself to one of those fancy Dualit numbers. But from the reviews I've seen, they're not all they're cracked up to be either!

I quite fancy one with mechanised lowering/raising. It really jars on me when the toast pops up so abruptly.

Sorry to have rambled on about toast! I know it's not technically a vintage item, but please indulge me! Any opinions are very welcome.

Peter.

Last edited by Lancs Lad; 20th Jan 2019 at 2:00 am.