View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2020, 9:04 pm   #145
DMcMahon
Dekatron

Default Re: Grundig TK 819 Any Useful Info

A bit of a disaster on the clutch front. I split the tape transport chassis away from the electrical chassis to get better access to remove the 2 reel tables.

When I went to remove the Take Up reel table discovered there were no wires coming out of its solenoid coil !!!! So when I previously measured the solenoid supply as 28 volts at the 2 little terminals on the chassis where the solenoid wires connect to (which I assumed they were connected) there was no solenoid connected, so this may explain the higher voltage (i.e. no solenoid load).

It certainly explains why the solenoid was not working

Very surprised I had not noticed the lack of wires before ! I suppose because before I never was looking/focused in this particular area.

Looks extremely unlikely will be able get into the coil to re-instate the 2 wire connections. Seems very strange they are missing, maybe they just broke away ?

Even though the solenoid will not work without a connected supply, FFD was still working at least to a fashion, I guess it may well slip under certain tape load conditions.

Have not yet stripped the Supply Reel Table, this one does have wires.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Back view of reel tables.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	198940   Click image for larger version

Name:	Stripped Take Up Reel Table.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	198941