Thread: Tv62
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2010, 4:40 pm   #79
Kevin19
Tetrode

Default Re: Tv62

Hi

Just to give you a bit of support as I'm very new to TV also (last summer was my first TV radios for about 15 years) I was a bit unsure! No very un'sure but John gave me the same fantastic advice when I started on and Ekco T205 when I got both my TV 62 and TV 22 after a visual checks all round then with a variac I went for it yes there was smoke from the dropper resistors coated with dust! But both sets came up and gave a raster sure I changed a few capacitors there after doing one each time then set back on to see it still works both TVs work so well now. I did this method with the give away very damp stored rusty Pye VT2 that I I'm now working on not so lucky this time and I have already found a mistake I had made since! I wont offer any advice about fixing the TV62 as there is some fantastic help here re that on this forum. But I say just go for it you can usually see and hear if things are going wrong and quickly pull the plug or the RCD will trip anyway so as someone else very new to TV who was also scared of EHT! big time that has now fixed 5 TV's back to a great working condition just wanted to give you a bit of support and say go for it power it up and do like John says it does work.

Best wishes

Kev.