View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2020, 12:35 pm   #5
Hybrid tellies
Nonode

Location: 1966-1976 Coverack in Cornwall and Helston Cornwall. 1976-present Bristol/Bath area.
Default Re: ITT/KB VC205 Repair

Thanks for the kind comments. I can remember the VC200's from my days of living in Cornwall when they came out new. The picture on them seemed much better than most other black and white televisions at the time. I have always been a big fan of the ITT/KB hand wired dual standard black and white televisions. I saw them in action on both systems in Cornwall and repaired a lot of these for friends and family a few years later as part of my training.
Our last black and white 20" rental TV was I believe a Pye 169 single standard 625 set with the mechanical four push button tuner. I think it was the TV60. Looked very smart and modern and the picture was very good. The good black level was something that took a while to get used to as all our previous tellies were dual standard black and white sets.
I did not notice that fault with my Teletest 2 tuner but I will check this out sometime. My to do pile is now full I just need to retire so I can spend some quality time bringing some of these tellies and radios to life.