View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2019, 11:30 pm   #1
matthewhouse
Octode

Default Telephone Rentals Uniselector Chronogram

Hello all. I have obtained a Synchronome master clock with a Telephone Rentals uniselector chronogram and one slave clock. I have repaired the master clock and it's downstairs happily ticking and clunking away. This was removed from a closed factory and looks to have run clocks, shift change hooters and a clocking in machine. I wish I had the clocking in machine, but all I could find was an old punch card, at least 2 clocking in systems had been installed since this was taken out of action.

I'm asking here as the chronogram is not working at all. Helpfully a circuit diagram is pasted inside the lid, unhelpfully someone has spray painted over it and it is totally unreadable.

Does anyone here have any experience with such equipment? There is very little info online, most of the information I have found is on known scam websites, so no help there.

It is sort of attempting to work, when the master clock sends a pulse one of the uniselectors coils (marked M) is powered, but not enough to move it on one step. I'm a bit puzzled as the selectors are marked in order M, S, H, D, T. I would have expected S to come first for seconds.

I do not have any batteries connected at the moment, are these required to provide enough current for the coils? There were 3 rows of 6no. 2volt cells left inside, these were so rotted even their plastic cases had corroded. These had been replaced with 3 12V SLA batteries at some point these were also rotten.

While taking the photos I have just measured the voltage from the PSU, it sits at 38V DC but during a pulse drops to less than 24V. So it is likely either batteries are needed to supply the required current, or the metal rectifier is on its way out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20191102_220201.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	193008   Click image for larger version

Name:	20191102_220246.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	193009   Click image for larger version

Name:	20191102_220629.jpg
Views:	275