View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2018, 11:37 pm   #46
SiriusHardware
Dekatron

Default Re: ICE Speedmaster 1000 Eprom programmer

James, thanks for that - already safely saved. The more this software and other information is scattered around and hoarded, the better, really.

Looking at the manual again I'm not entirely sure that the page about test vectors is related to CHIPTEST, as it seems to be lumped in with the bit about PALs. Furthermore, although the manual mentions the other DOS utilities EPROM, PAL, SELFTEST, and EMULATE it does not mention CHIPTEST, so I'm now wondering if CHIPTEST had its own separate manual.

If it did, it's not in the box with the programmer (everything else was, including the original purchase receipt - £769 in 1993! I wonder what Jay paid for his?) but I would never have thrown something like that away so I'll have a look through my 'digital equipment related manuals' box file to see what I have in there.

Which selftest throws up the error? Every other time I run selftest on my MM1000, it reports an error on test.... four or five, I can't remember which. About half the time it passes with no errors.