View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2016, 10:02 am   #163
sobell1980
Octode

Default Re: HMV 653 Broadcaster all wave.

Thankyou PJL for your reply. Your input is greatly appreciated. I still have some tidying up to do on the set before I can power the set back up and take some sensible readings again. I have the tone control and C24 to replace/ refit from the previous testing scenarios. Life is busy at the moment with work etc so I'm only getting 10 mins here and there which is very frustrating. I'm also needing to tidy my bench and kit up. I get in a frenzy with it trying to fault find. Nothing got put away and I really dislike working in chaos. The speaker field coil resistance has previously been measured in post #36 and the lengthy thread is full of various measurements and how the field coil / HT connections have been made . It's a long read but may be worth while having a read of what I haven't and have done. I have done this myself too so I'm not going round in circles. This set was very badly got at. I think I have read your valued posts on anot her thread involving a murphy with hum. I found the that thread useful being a similar set up to my set with the valve biasing. I don't think we can go any further till I've put the set back to as is and power up again.
Regarding the OPT. The HMV sheet definately shows four wiring connections coming from the secondary of the OPT. The trader sheet does not show this but only two connections. Please see earlier in the thread about the opt resistance measurements I made out of circuit regarding the two secondaries I have. Hopefully I can get the set tidied up and put back as is this coming week and move on . Any further help, thoughts or comments greatly appreciated.
Kind regards.
DAVE.