View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2019, 8:20 pm   #33
David G4EBT
Dekatron

Default Re: Fire at Anchor Surplus, Nottingham old cattle market

A bit of an odd place for Anchor Supplies - the market is part of the Victoria Centre shopping mall in the centre of Nottingham. I can see how they could sell such things as ex police clothing (jumpers etc) and riot helmets (excellent for woodturners as they have shatterproof polycarbonate visors), but little of the stuff that would ordinarily interest the likes of us, and no rummaging around.

Any port in a storm I guess and clearly the Council will prefer to see the market stalls filled rather than not, but Anchor Supplies place at Ripley - about 15 miles north of Nottingham - would, I think, be a better bet for a visit than driving into the centre of Nottingham, and Ripley will have the full range of current stock. That said, I hope the Victoria Market is a success for Anchor after such an awful setback.

I originate from Nottingham and we visit the Victoria Centre maybe a couple of times a year, but ordinarily, I'd never dream of visiting the market. I will do next time, if only out of curiosity.