View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2021, 10:18 pm   #1617
ScottishColin
Octode

Default Re: Non-working Commodore PET 3016

I've been tracking it.

Overall I've spent £239.91.

Out of that, £92.47 was the scope/meters/Arduino so I've still got all of that.

Also, I tended to overegg my Cricklewood orders in case I cocked anything up, so i have several new ICs and sockets left over, along with a replacement 6502 (£15) that I bought just in case.

I will have to buy some paint yet to restore the case - if anyone happens to know a good match for Commodore PET cases, that would be good.

Before we finally call this thread a day, I will put up a summary of the whole event from my point of view, along with what was replaced and what was purchased.

Colin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiriusHardware View Post
Quite pricey for the time, some of those. I remember thinking it was a black day when, after years of Spectrum titles costing about £5, Ultimate-Play The Game suddenly decided they could get away with charging £9.99. And that was several years later.

I notice you said you'd paid £25 for the PET originally, although you had to drive quite a long way to pick it up. I wonder if you've dared to add up the real cost of the repair? I suppose it's not too bad if you look on it as a kind of open-university course in computer repair with a working computer thrown in at the end.

Plus you now own a few useful tools, such as your scope, which is such a universally handy thing to have that it doesn't really count as part of the cost of the PET project.