Thread: Signal levels.
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2017, 1:27 pm   #8
red16v
Heptode

Default Re: Signal levels.

Looks like that model is discontinued, any other thoughts? Behringer seem to do something similar, I don’t need anything fancy - just want to control two audio levels after all!

You’d kill for my knowledge? What would you gain knowledge of? You’d gain a knowledge of the complete TV studio production chain from the lamps suspended from the lighting rigs and everything that controls them, the cameras, the vision mixers, the sound desks, the distribution, the recording devices through to the final distribution amplifiers where the sound and vision leave the building. You’d gain knowledge of how that all worked in the analogue domain, and then repeat again 20 years later for it all in the digital domain. You’d learn how to problem solve from 5am in the morning until 11pm at night. You’d be doing it every other weekend including all the Bank holidays. In the end you'd be like me - knackered, mentally and physically. And you’d never want to pick up a soldering iron again.

Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed every minute of it. When I retired and left the building for the last time I walked a few paces away, turned round, faced the building, crossed my arms and looked up at the complex and said to myself - I’ve been a very small cog in a very big machine, you’ve allowed me to be part of a group that have brought pleasure, joy and hopefully entertainment to millions upon millions of people and I thank you for the opportunity and privilege. So, I regret none of it, I had the time of my life, but enough is enough!