View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2022, 7:37 pm   #34
high_vacuum_house
Octode

Default Re: BVWS Biggleswade Meet and Auction - Sunday September 25th 2022

Good afternoon,
Many thanks for all those who put the effort in for organising this new venue. It worked well and the car park couldn’t have been closer. Much more and better parking than Harpenden if you tuned up late. Not too bad to get to from the M1 southbound.
I took my son with me who enjoyed the auction and came away with a few nice winter projects and some broken test equipment to play with!!.

I would have dearly liked that EKCO combined television and gramophone which was in the auction which went for £5 though didn’t have the space in the car after picking up a nice Murphy baffle console radio. The auction prices seemed a little low for a few items. The 19 set that was there must have been a bargain of the decade!!. Pre-war sets didn’t seem to make much. Maybe the size of them or the lack of quality AM transmissions is a problem. The tea and biscuits went down well! It did seem quieter than the Harpenden halls event. I will be looking forward to the next event held here.

Christopher Capener