View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2022, 1:55 am   #23
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.
Default Re: Bradford museum exhibit changes

My ex-wife lives in Denmark UB so I might get to check out that very interesting Museum you have described. The Tarkovsky film most appropriate to current circumstances, I think, is "Sacrifice" You will know why.

I meant to mention JLB's Grandson, Iain Baird, who came over from Canada some years ago and was the Curator at the Bradford Museum for quite a while, in it's previous existence! He is very well known within the Vintage TV academic community. His father Malcolm was in regular contact with the Bexhill Observer when JLB's previous home, opposite the Station here in the town, was demolished.

Two large blocks of flats are now on the site. One is named Baird Court and the other Helensburgh [where he is buried]. There is also a Blue Plaque "donated" by the developers, with a little encouragement from the newspaper and myself. I think Iain came down for that event but he left the Museum subsequently. I'm guessing he was out of step with the new trends eg "John Logie Baird's grandson reveals why he shuns modern technology despite family history" the Daily Record 14/11/12! He is now a freelance Consultant and researcher in Shipley Yorks, where he curated an exhibition re the little known Pratt Wireless Relay Company, that had connections with his Grandfather back in the 1920's.

Dave W