View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2019, 6:22 pm   #80
ORAWA01
Hexode

Default Re: Antenna recommendation for 40 and 80M bands

I checked connectivity between all the Mains sockets E pins on the walls with DMM, and they are all connected.

I rechecked the E pins and Mains water pipes, but there is NO connection at all. If there were connectivity between the water pipes and the E pins, I would never connected the antennas coaxial earth wire to the outside tap at all. Because that sounds like asking for trouble then. And asking for all the RFI from domestic appliances flood into the HF receiver, and TXing through that antenna would have created unpredictable problems to some if not all electrical appliances.

But the antenna gave clean reception especially on 80M band, and no problems were noticed in any way for a few days of test operation on 40M and 80. It made actually quite good contacts on 40M. On 80M it was also good due to very clean hash noise free reception usually associated with 80M band, but the other stations were struggling copying the transmission. Hence moved onto another antenna.

Will see how this new Inverted V with 1:1 balun compares with the previous antenna.

Last edited by ORAWA01; 15th Sep 2019 at 6:33 pm.