View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2019, 12:00 pm   #10
Alan's MagicEye
Tetrode

Default Re: Homebuilt Copy of Ampeg B15 Bass Amplifier

Seems that GJ posted whilst I was typing my response, here it is anyway:

Hello Craig

Just to clarify in case you are unclear (apologies if you are clear ;-) the link to the silk screen kit in my earlier post is just for the photo emulsion and screen stripper for removing old emulsion.

The process is as follows:

Buy a screen which is suitable for the paint you wish to use, they come in different mesh sizes, from memory you need a smaller mesh for solvent paints than for the ink used for T shirts etc.

Obtain the emulsion kit and an emulsion applicator together with a squeegee (not sure if I spelt that correctly) which is a suitable size for the screen.

Mix and apply the emulsion to the screen in a low light environment using the applicator and allow to dry in the dark.

Make your artwork on a PC or Mac

Print (I use a laser printer) onto clear film, transparency media.

Lay the film on the screen and hold down with a sheet of clear glass and expose using a photo flood lamp, the instructions for this are in the emulsion kit.

Wash the screen to remove the unexposed areas where the artwork was and dry the screen.

Position on the job to be printed and squeegee the paint onto the surface of the job.

Hope this helps.....

Alan

Last edited by Alan's MagicEye; 9th Nov 2019 at 12:06 pm. Reason: Another post arrived whist I was typing