View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2007, 10:46 am   #47
oldeurope
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: 405 analogue standard converter kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philips210 View Post
Hello all.

I recently joined this excellent group and I'm really keen on building the Darius Standards converter so I can display off-air pictures on my 405 line sets.
Like others, I am having difficulty obtaining the CXL5508 ccds and the 74HCT4059 counter ics but I'm not too worried about that at the moment. I'm currently awaiting delivery of the CXL ics from a back order (if they turn up!). Should these ics arrive then I will of course mention the suppliers name for the benefit of other members.
If the PCBs are not readily available then perhaps access to the copper foil artwork would be helpful so I can make my own boards. I did contemplate having a go using FreePCB but I think that was a little ambitious and very time consuming. The package is sufficiently advanced to do this but there is a considerable learning curve in using it.
I appreciate that readily available converters are on the market now at very favourable prices but the challenge of building your own and learning a great deal in the process can't be beaten.

Regards
Symon.
Hi Symon,
I have made a small quantity of PC boards. All ICs are available.
If you need something, let me know.
I ordered the cxl ICs as replacement parts (expensive),
I am a Radio and TV serviceman.

Kind regards,
Darius