View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2020, 1:25 am   #28
Radio Wrangler

Default Re: Audiojumble Sun 16th Feb

I've never been.

It's a bit out of my normal travelling range, though I've occasionally thought about making a special trip. It is about a thousand miles round trip.

I've had an image of there being various interesting things. I'm not after bargains, just the opportunity to buy things not normally to be found. 301s, 401s and TD124s I can walk straight past. I've no interest in getting a valve amplifier, so maybe I'm immune to the main things people fight over?

But this thread seems to be quenching my interest.

Nothing of this nature happens North of the border at all. Whatever connection has Scotland with hifi? There's only a couple of amateur radio rallies up here.

It's easy to moan, but last summer, I made a foray down to the bright lights, to an amateur radio rally, far far to the South of me. I was expecting wonders. I found the experience disappointing. I'd never before been to a rally where I'd not bought anything. Perhaps I'd built up an unreasonable expectation? But there wasn't even an Icom, Trio or Yaesu agent showing their latest wares. It's a lot different to what I remember from past trips down. Have things changed so much?

Has everything moved to Ebay?

David