Thread: Philips B3G63A
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2015, 2:09 pm   #36
boxdoctor
Rest in Peace

Default Re: Philips B3G63A

Nice to see a good clean chassis to work on. Mine is not so pristine, as I have only cleaned it with the brush and vac.
The capacitor values: 1000pf = .001 uf. 1pf =.000001 uf. So 1500pf = .0015uf, and 15000pf = .015 uf. 1000pf = 1nf, so 10nf = 10,000pf or .01uf
I would not buy any capacitor 'kits' as they tend to be overpriced, and I doubt that you would get one specifically for that model. Some suitable ones here : http://www.cricklewoodelectronics.co...able-for-Audio It says for audio, but they are ok for radio frequencies as well.The 630 volt range will cover all eventualities as regards voltage, and the firm is reliable for good prices and service. I have no connection with them, by the way, just a very satisfied customer over many years.
C66 is unlikely to be faulty. Oh - and C51 (5uf) may need replacing to get the best out of the VHF section.
Disaster has struck! last night. The dial drive for the VHF section on mine has been bodged by some previous repairer, and the drive cord has just thrown in the towel, so I've got that to do as well now!.Grrrrr! Cheers, tony.