Thread: CB spares
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2019, 6:29 pm   #8
SiriusHardware
Dekatron

Default Re: CB spares

I have an original Cybernet 3000 service manual here - interestingly with Goodmans branding on the manual only, so I guess they must have been the importers of the Cybernet 'own brand' branded 1000, 2000 and 3000 models.

The 1000 and 2000 were 'mini' radios and used smaller displays but the 3000 was a full sized set, notable mainly for having a LED meter instead of an analogue meter - not an improvement in my opinion.

As you may know the Cybernet own brand models were one of the relatively few Cybernet models which, like the Rotels, used green channel display LEDs.

The manual includes a full parts list so I looked it up and the Cybernet part number of the green common-anode channel display is 'QL * SL2271', description 'SL2271 Green Com-A'. I'm assuming that the SL2271 part is the manufacturer's own part number but if so, good luck finding that on the internet. I failed miserably. Maybe someone here knows which optoelectronics manufacturer prefixed their part numbers with 'SL' - likely to be Japanese, as that's where the radios were made.

I'm going to a rally on Sunday so I'll keep an eye out for any wrecked CB chassis lurking in boxes. I looked around, there are a few Rotels available online, not particularly cheap and probably too good to take apart for spares. I think the Rotels are the nicest looking UK Cybernets from that era, their styling looks good even now as they don't have the acres of 'Chrome plating' which dominated the CB styling of that time.

Last edited by SiriusHardware; 18th Oct 2019 at 6:36 pm.