View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2020, 12:51 pm   #30
linescan87
Heptode

Default Re: 1,000,000th Forum Post Coming Up!

I have to say I'm a little embarrassed but quite proud at the same time. It has been a privilege to be a member of this site for over 6 years now.

I remember how I came across this site, when searching for information about a standards converter for my Pye V510/A which would be about 12 years ago now. I can safely say there has not been a day since that I have not looked in for few minutes at least.

It's great to pull the phone out of your pocket while waiting for a doctor's appointment, the wife while she is shopping or whatever. The countless hours the forum has kept bored at bay and kept me inspired, it's like having all the great magazines of yesteryear in one small package.

I also never fail to be impressed by the patience given by senior and experienced members to new people seeking help and advice, which sadly in my opinion is often taken for granted or ignored.

The sheer knowledge base here is also incredible, who often have you seen some obscure part, board, device or whatnot posted only for someone to come back with an answer almost straight away?

I have been also happy to meet quite a few members at the NVCF and at Mikey's over the years, with myself and my friend John always made very welcome.

While the idea of a "slab" of stout is appealing it's not required, access to this wonderful forum is reward enough. None of this would be possible without the great work of Paul Stenning and his Moderators.

Thank you all for making this such a wonderful resource!

John Joe.

P.s. I might print off the post and frame it in my workshop!

www.youtube.com/c/ojnojirishvintagetvandradio