View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2011, 3:27 pm   #26
Retired
Heptode

Default Re: Restorers dream part 2 the chassis.

Hi,

Unfortunately no one has yet been able to help with transporting the set from Danny in Norfolk to Huddersfield. If it is OK with Danny I would still like to receive his set although I have excellent news.

I couldn't believe my luck at the recent Golborne meeting; Mike from Cramlington was extremely generous in offering me a suitable LOPT in good working order and when I asked how much it would cost Mike would not accept any payment for it not even for postage and this was not cheap. I can't thank Mike enough for this as he is true to his word and I now have the LOPT shown in the pictures; this is amazing because this LOPT still retains a perfect plastic enclosure whereas my plastic enclosure had crumbled to dust this being all that remained of it.

These plastic enclosures have a habit of disintegrating and I fully expected having to make a new enclosure from Tufnol and Jeffrey had already kindly sent me pictures of the one he constructed so this now saves me a job.

I also have excellent circuit diagrams kindly supplied by Keith and Keith helped out further by identifying the valves on the diagram; I've just had a quick look and found where the LOPT is shown on the diagram which is a starting point because I'll need leading by the hand throughout this chassis work as it is my first TV chassis.

I'll print off all the information already kindly supplied in this thread which will be a great help to me and I'd like to thank everyone concerned for supplying it.

I wanted to start on the chassis today but I had a very bad night last night getting up at 7 o'clock this morning because I was in too much pain to remain in bed. My upper right arm was really giving me some grief and I think I might have strained or pulled a muscle whilst working around the bungalow; what a relief it is now the pain has subsided at last; it wasn't at all pleasant whilst it lasted.

Bron lopped six inches from my hair a couple of days ago so if I now come into contact with mega-volts on the chassis I won't resemble a mad professor as much.

I need to settle into my workshop next week which will be strange as I've not done any work in there for many months due to the bad weather.

I've added the pictures of the LOPT as received in the hope that they will help others.

I'd like to thank everyone for your help so far and I feel confident with your continued help we can pull a miracle off between us. Do I change the U25 whilst the LOPT is readily accessible sitting on the bench because Jeffrey very kindly gave me a new U25?

Kind regards, Col.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ekco T311 LOPT. (1).jpg
Views:	284
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	49624   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ekco T311 LOPT. (2).jpg
Views:	261
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	49625   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ekco T311 LOPT. (3).jpg