View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2019, 1:07 pm   #9
boxdoctor
Rest in Peace

Default Re: KB FB10 - I.F. frequency query.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0HFCFrank View Post
Have you checked the local oscillator is properly adjusted to the 'new' IF and tracking correctly?
Frank C.
Hello Frank. No, I've not done anything with the front-end alignment, as that would be making things even more out of spec., and the dial would be more inaccurate if I track the front end to suit the different I.F. I was going to try to fix the I.F.T.s, but it will make for less hassle to leave it as is.
@Sideband. Thanks for the comments and observations. Moving the I.F. 10 Khz is, at the frequecy in question not so bigger percentage error as moving it 40Khz, so your little dodge to avoid the heterodyne is a neat answer to that particular problem.
I have some pin vices in the workshop, so I might see if it is feasible to align the cores using one of those to grip the adjusters, and when optimised, seal them with a blob of epoxy resin. I think the owner will be not critical about the ultimate results providing he gets Radios 4&5 reasonably. He is located in a good spot "out in the sticks" for reception. Tony.