View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2017, 12:11 am   #113
PJL
Dekatron

Default Re: Tandberg Huldra 8 valve failure

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverp6 View Post
Brief Update: put the new fuse in and capacitor plug in to the dim bulb tester. no flashes,smoke. the magic eye did move with signal strength on FM, that's the only band i used...........first noticeable observation no audio nothing even moving from record player and back to radio. one valve i noticed doesn't appear to light up all the other 4 do it is identified as EF89 see section of diagram were it is located, is it in he amplifier section? and how do you check for continuity? which pins. Thanks Clive
Can you confirm there is no sound even in Gram and AM, and in FM that the magic eye is responding to tuning. If so, the EF89 is not your problem. The fault now lies with the audio section. I have a German user manual but that's not much use to me, and the switching is very complex.

1. Check the tape button is not depressed as it probably passes the audio through the tape input/output.

2. Check the speaker selection switch.

3. Switch to Gram and turn up the volume. Is there any hiss or hum? Do you get any clicking sounds when switching between gram and other sources?