View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2019, 12:56 pm   #67
railwayman3
Triode

Default Re: The BBC Apollo coverage tapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazz4CQJ View Post
The BBC doesn't appear to have promoted it greatly, but it has been showing a 6-part documentary series on BBC4 this week called "Chasing the Moon".
Four one-hour parts have been shown over the last two nights and it has been quite excellent. I've watch a lot of films and documentaries about Apollo and this might well be the best.

So, if you've missed it so far, the last two parts show on BBC4 at 9pm tomorrow (Thursday) and will cover Apollo 9 onwards.

My guess is that they will probably show all 6 parts again in the next few days, but probably at a very late time. If you record them I think you will enjoy them.

B
Definitely well worth watching, much unseen and behind-the-scenes material. (Unlike the BBC's own effort with an old James Burke and Maggie whatever-her-name-is from Sky-at-Night. The BBC having erased all its coverage from 1969, all that they did was to drag up old material from the
1950's onwards and make fun of the simple technical standards of presentation and animations, and the posh accents. Just IMHO. )