View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2019, 2:08 pm   #26
Radio Wrangler

Default Re: Dormer & Wadsworth (D&W)

I find it very difficult to keep a straight face when confronted with assertions about subjective audio quality, so I stopped even trying.

When someone next praises a sound for 'air', cock your head on one side, listen intently for a while and then question whether it's normal air... is the oxygen/nitrogen ratio correct? it does sound a little stale. Do this totally deadpan (if you can!) and see how they react. If you act like a pundit, their training kicks in and they have to accept what you just said.

I have some quite decent speakers and an amplifier which can handle them. No brand marks anywhere but very definitely well made. It's quite amusing when you come across people who don't know what to say about what they've been hearing because they would have to see the make and model names before they would know what they are supposed to say they've heard. It's either very very funny or very very sad. And I can't decide which.

David