View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2021, 8:54 pm   #154
Panrock
Nonode

Default Re: Television in the Home

Quote:
I've just finished this HMV 1816 and received permission from the director of furnishings to place it in the bedroom.
Very nice, Steve! There was a similar type of set with doors, an opulent HMV 1806 I think, shown working at the Festival Hall exhibition.

Now for something completely different... though still very much "television in the home"... mechanical television in colour.

This is a 120-line mirror screw I constructed some years ago. These two videos were taken from across the room with my mobile phone. This was necessary because the picture width varies with viewing distance. Sorry I didn't remove the barometer on the wall before recording - it's rather a distraction - and the frame bars are of course artifacts. The actual screw rotates at 25Hz (twice a Baird televisor's speed) so flicker is not too bad. Note the flashing in front of the device. This is because the whole thing is irradiated in brilliant modulated light that carries the video information.

Click HERE and HERE to view.

Steve
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	120-line_mirror_screw.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	228596  

Last edited by Panrock; 7th Mar 2021 at 9:12 pm. Reason: Added picture of stationary mirror screw