View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2017, 8:31 pm   #250
bikerhifinut
Octode

Default Re: 807 (maybe) amplifier build. Now EL34

Hi Andy.

That amplifier project looks really good to me! Power to your elbow mate. I will be very happy when my fairly ordinary, in terms of circuitry, "modern day" Leak mono amps are again up and running with the offboard psu, or if that fails a total rebuild on a single chassis.
Anyway, i had never spray painted anything in my life until a couple of years ago and although my efforts would never come close to yours, I think I made a reasonable fist of the job with spray cans. But i found in the local LIDL supermarket a nifty little device that clips on top of a normal "rattle can" and allows you to hold it like a proper spray gun> this allowed me to control the spray quite well and avoided the painted index finger too! I imagine you could find one of these gizmos online or by hunting around. I need to paint up the ally chassis for my psu to match the amps and I am not looking forward to it as now the temperature and humidity levels are just not good.
I also usually give a few coats of transparent lacquer once I have a nice uniform colour coat as It seems to give the finish a harder wearing property as well as looking nice.

Andy.