View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2018, 3:23 pm   #29
SiriusHardware
Dekatron

Default Re: Interpreting a hexdump table

I can't help you with the PP28 - there is a french chap whose name and website escape me, but he seems to have made it his life's work to archive as much eprom programmer information and software as possible. I would have thought, though, that his would be one of the first resources to come up in any search so maybe he just doesn't have the PP28 covered.

The Dataman S4 is (relatively) modern, but it will need the associated support software and perhaps a specific USB driver for your version of Windows if it is a USB connected version rather than old-school serial port connected.

The reason I asked about file formats is that I (might) be able to create a hex file out of the OCRed text version on that site you linked to. It doesn't really matter though, all I have to do is create one viable version - perhaps a plain binary .bin version - and then use any number of ways to convert it to multiple other file formats, one of which would be loadable into one of your eprom programmers.

As stated previously, the main problem with this approach is that the original OCR process did not pick up the characters 100% perfectly. You would probably have to use human judgement to edit any remaining differences between the original print version and the file version produced from the OCRed text version. Even that might not be as tedious as entering the whole lot by hand. Just award yourself a chocolate biscuit for every 16 lines checked...