View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2019, 8:31 pm   #7
slidertogrid
Octode

Default Re: Getting the word out...

I understand and agree with all that Paul has said.
I would like to go back to my original question - how can we increase awareness of existing events and websites? What ideas can members think of to do this without adding to the workload of the people who already do it.

I really don't want to drift into the logistics of adding more events! I can see that this would not be easy or simple in any way. Also there is little point if the existing events are not that viable.. (Thinking here of how the NVCF attendance has fallen off these last couple of years.)

What I am asking for is ideas on how we can make more people aware of the existence of the society, the various websites and forums concerned. To promote events and hopefully increase attendance ?

The idea of promoting the BVWS at Ham events for instance is a very good one . I for one would be happy to print and distribute leaflets (that were approved by the society and website owners concerned) to any events that I attend. I am sure the organisers of the Ham swap-meets and sales would not object as it does not compete with what they are doing.

I offered 'collection from Harpenden' on a Television set I sold online, the chap met me in the car park and was interested in the event, So I signed him in and he ended up joining. I then saw him at the Museum on a tabletop sale day. he was loving it! He was hugely impressed by the Museum which he previously had no idea about.
This is what we need ! People with big wallets and empty houses!

Rich.