View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2019, 3:22 pm   #3
slidertogrid
Octode

Default Re: Getting the word out...

I suppose the only answer to that if to see if there are enough members further North that would patronise a Northern event and then see if anyone would volunteer to organise and run it.
I don't know where the majority of the auction lots come from, are they entries by members or mainly collections being disposed of by the family of a deceased member / equipment bequeathed to the BVWS ? That would make a difference as to the supply of equipment to such an event as presumably if the BVWS are holding such in a store in the South it presents logistical problems getting a van full to the North without putting more work on those currently doing it all which would not be fair at all IMHO...
Would there be enough interest to run a Retrotech type event in say November so as to be six months away from the current one? That way although it would need running the stock could come from the stallholders rather than the society..
I don't have the answers here I'm sorry to say. My thoughts were on helping the currently running events more than starting more I must admit but it is interesting to hear if some members are feeling left out.
Certainly what I don't want to do is to seem ungrateful or taking for granted what is already being done that is not the case at all the point of asking these questions is to come up with ideas to help improve events without putting more work on those that do it all at the moment.
Thinking positive to keep interest alive for us and future members ….