View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2019, 4:20 pm   #7
John KC0G
Hexode

Default Re: Soundcraft Spirit LX7 Mixing board.

I run a 32-channel Allen & Heath GL2400 at my church here in Minneapolis. It is 12 years old and much better cared for than the LX7 in the photograph.

It has been very reliable. I have only had to go into the back of it once - to redo a soldered joint on one of the mute lights (see Dave's comments in post #2). I had to remove a huge number of screws just to get the back off. Inside it was beautifully put together, with a fat copper bar bolted to all of the modules. Getting the channel PCB out was tedious.

There are now a lot of big analogue mixers available in the used market here, as many churches have moved on to digital boards.

The system at my church was designed and installed by a sound engineering firm. They also have a rental business. We maintain a relationship with them, and I know the guy who runs the service dept., although he has not seen much business from me. If I were interested in a used mixer I would ask him what his experience of that particular piece of equipment is. I know from previous conversations that one needs to run away from certain pieces of gear. In this particular company equipment which is not robust, tweaky, unreliable, or has parts supply issues is removed from the rental business.

73 John