View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2020, 11:05 am   #5
David Simpson
Nonode

Default Re: German "RoeTester" (Valve Tester Design)

It was Martin Forsberg in Sweden who briefed me on the RoeTest. As he had built one. Manufactured in Germany I believe, and comes in a kit form of hardware & software. Must be about 2 or 3 years ago when I checked the prices, and the basic kit was about £1200. I think the whole kit with add-ons & mods was about £2000.
A lot of dosh, but Martin's software Gm graphs of a couple of 6AU5's we compared for standardisation were spot-on.
For those folk with "up to speed" knowledge of 21st century computer based electronics, and heavily into valve testing & valve circuitry design - I guess this machine is just for you. If you can afford it, that is.
I'm, as I've often said of late,just a 1960's analogue guy. And, of late, have been encouraging folk to "Re-purpose" vintage test equipment into DC valve testers, Curve Tracers, etc. Buts thats not to say that I dont appreciate the advantages of modern hardware/software design.
Mind you, just for the challenge & experience - wouldn't mind getting my hands on an old Tektronix 570, even if it took ages to do up.

Regards, David