Thread: Maplin stores
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2018, 4:49 pm   #290
mark2collection
Hexode

Default Re: Maplin stores

Just been on the Maplin website ... a pop-up asked if I'd like to 'share my location' (Erm, I already do, wife, kids, cats, old radios & classic cars is more than enough!)

Then another 'nag', would I like to complete a feedback survey? Bit late, isn't it?

The store in Reading (no idea if it has signs up etc, it's too far away to have a nosy), I bought a set of phono sockets, some fuse holders & a power switch ... less than £15, about 4 years ago, they still requested my contact details ...

Another retailer on the same park who can supply & fit wiper blades and bulbs ... BULBS? As in, Daffodils, Tulips & the like? I think they mean, lamps ... they always ask for contact details ... I always refuse ...

They once asked if they could fit said items to my car, it was only when the chap 'donned' the hi-viz I confessed to the car being 15 miles away & wasn't actually outside ...

As for businesses failing, trouble is, at certain levels, the people are only working on the very things they're being measured on, and usually, it's not the business! (Cannot remember the term for it now ... something to do with metrics). More often than not, they don't understand the business model & loose sight of who the customer is.

Mark