View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2019, 6:07 pm   #1
Lewisaunders
Retired Dormant Member

Default Grundig Radio (Unknown Model). Requesting Assistance.

Hi there,

New member. Signed up today seeking guidance. I saw that this website had already answered a plethora of Grundig related enquiries, and thought this would be the best forum. Excuse me ahead of time for any T&C violations; I read them briefly and hope I follow etiquette.

I recently purchased a vintage Grundig radio from a charity shop (pictures added for all to see, I hope). I spotted it in the window as I walked past, and it immediately caught my eye. There was just something so striking about it; it has echoes of a bygone era and yet still boasted a contemporary aesthetic. Vintage modern?

I have no idea. I liked the look of it, and the shop were as clueless as I was regarding model/worth. So for the princely sum of £50, I left with an absolutely impulsive and unnecessary buy. It’s for this reason I love, and would equally be useless at, Bargain Hunt.

I had tried to do some homework before buying, but couldn’t find the specific model anywhere. There were so many that looked similar, but for differing reasons were all unique. The gentleman selling it attested to having tried it out; it appeared to work though the signal wasn’t great. He added that this was perhaps down to the poor reception he had in the back room.

Regardless, it now sits on my dining room table, looking great in my opinion, but ultimately useless until I can get more information.

This is where you wonderful people come in. It would be superb if somebody could confirm:
  • Make/model
  • Is there an online manual
  • Its features (as there seems to be a lot of configurations here)
  • Perhaps some history, as the idea of owning a vintage piece of kit 30/40 years old captivates me far more than it should
  • And most importantly; what do I tell my partner when she comes home from work and sees I’ve purchased a completely unnecessary vintage radio, which is sitting on the dining table meaning we’re eating off our laps tonight...

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Lewis
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A9AD95C3-80B0-44E4-B7F9-47D916BB01EF.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	188650   Click image for larger version

Name:	C54427F7-478C-4736-A861-4A33D399DE35.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	65.4 KB