View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2005, 12:32 am   #9
Lowemission
Tetrode

Default Re: Mullard Valve Tester Card Project

Hi George

One of the projects that I was hopefully going to start in the New Year was to find out as much info about the MHST as possible, as there seems to be many unanswered questions.

Regarding the cards, over the years I've bought several lot's of cards and still haven't a full set , but how many cards were produced ?
Does anyone have any later revised editions of the Numerical List, the latest one I have is number7, which I know is incorrect as I have cards which are listed as "no issue".

How many cards were Amended?, not all cards which were amended had the letter A on them. Later on I understand that Mullard called these cards "revised" cards, I've not seen one with the letter R on or did they stop marking them?
I have many duplicates and triplicates of card numbers, many having more than one hole difference, some as many as three or four holes and some of these with no letter A.
I've tried some of these cards on my tester which have had the same card numbers but with a different configuration of holes, the cards I used all gave the same readings.
Like many of you I've heard rumors about cards which suddenly make the tester go up in smoke , I'm not planning to do too many test's like this (mainly due to time) but I do suspect that maybe some cards were amended due to the old one causing problems.
I understand that these testers are prone to the odd transformer burn out, as far as I know it's not due to any one dodgy card.

Many amended/revised cards that were sent to dealers had an accompanying letter telling them to destroy their old cards.
I also understand that this "amended card service" had to be paid for by the dealer through a yearly subscription, wonder how many dealers didn't keep their subscriptions up to date so never had a set of up to date cards.

It wasn't until a while back when I started to go through my cards did I realise just how many discrepancies there were regarding card numbers etc, also that it would be a very long slow job.

I have two different MHST manuals, one being the early E7600 type which I will scan for you in the next couple of day's.

I have the military version of the MHST, model no CTA20, sorry but I have no info at all on it, does anyone?, could send you some pics if your interested.
This tester came with two boxes of CV cards, how many CV cards were produced, who knows.

This is about as much as I know, or it should be "don't know" about the test cards.

I'm sorry but I'm not going to be able to sort my cards out until well into the New Year.
What I had planned and will do is put a wanted notice in the BVWS free ads for any info regarding the MHST, someone must have more info.

Julian

Last edited by Paul Stenning; 29th Nov 2005 at 12:37 am. Reason: Removed blank space at the bottom
Lowemission is offline   Reply With Quote