View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2021, 7:37 am   #7
Bazz4CQJ
Dekatron

Default Re: Signal generators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio Wrangler View Post

The other sig gen is a much later beast...This qualifies as rather expensive

I worked in the labs at HP, so you can guess that almost all our test gear was our own brand and we were famously at the very expensive end of things.

David
Yes, the word "expensive" seems to cropping up a lot; David probably has the most expensive set of "amateur radio" toys of anyone on this forum. Like me, he started off in amateur radio well over 50 years ago, but his professional background affects his perspectives; he likes to have the pretty much the same standard of kit at home has he had at work . This tends to be true to some degree of many/all of the professional radio engineers on the forum.

As for FM, judging by Spencer's comment that, "This is all new territory for me", I don't think he's going to be doing fine tuning of FM discriminators any time soon. I currently have two signal generators, but I don't have, nor ever had, a proper sig gen for FM. I suspect that the majority of forum members don't have one. Perhaps we should do a poll?

B