View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2021, 4:13 pm   #18
ms660
Dekatron

Default Re: Sony TC-560 | Slow Fast-Forward & Rewind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris-Something View Post
I will have to consider lack of lubrication, as this problem exists even without any tape or spools on the deck.
The component I pictured, could that be the 12Ω resistor you mentioned earlier? I'm worried about how hot it gets. Would you be able to recommend me a replacement?
Yes, it looks like the 12 Ohm resistor that's in series with the REW/FF switch and the motor, that type rarely increase in value, having said that you can measure it's resistance with a multimeter set to measure resistance on a suitable resistance range, with the power disconnected and the main function selector set to Stop it should measure 12 Ohms or thereabout, if it does then it's ok, you can also work out how much current is flowing through the motor when in REW or FF by doing a simple Ohms Law calculation....measure the voltage across that resistor (the voltage between its two ends on the tag strip) and divide that voltage figure (in Volts) by that resistors measured resistance (in Ohms) and that will give the current in Amps.

Lawrence.