View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2007, 10:32 pm   #3
marcus 3500
Retired Dormant Member

Post Re: Sony KV1320MKII tube ?

Hi

Cheers, guys, for all the advice

Today I decided to take the little Sony apart all the cabinet (wood surround) not just the black back, needs to be removed.
The plastic back is screwed to the cabinet from the inside.

With the back now on the floor had a good luck around the chassis. Nothing too obvious was standing out (leaking, bulging caps, dry joints etc).
The tube heaters are fed from a very small transformer on the PSU with only a fuse in series with the heaters; no resistor, so after a coffee and a longer look at the chassis I decided to replace C608 33UF 160V, C522 33UF 160V, C512 10UF 150V, C516 10UF 160V, but there is a leaking cap on the tube base 0.47UF 500V. I've not replaced it - don't have this cap.

Switched the set on and a nice bright picture appeared and after setting up the H-STAT and the V-size, H-size, H-cent controls for the best picture on test card F the problem now is very poor focus BUT if the contrast is turned right down the focus is perfect when you turn the contrast up the picture balloons up with poor focus but the centre of the picture is in focus i cant find a focus control is the tube KAPUT and is there no focus control i dont have the service manual for this set if any members here have the service manual could you PLEASE tell me if there is a focus control or not

Regards

Marcus.......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SONY KV.JPG
Views:	162
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	7977   Click image for larger version

Name:	LEAKING CAP 0.47UF 500V.JPG
Views:	157
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	7978   Click image for larger version