View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2017, 11:26 am   #6
CambridgeWorks
Nonode

Default Re: Swaps not allowed, why?

OK Paul, the points you make are what I had mostly figured out. Thank you. However, without the peripheral activity of trading, it would be very difficult to obtain or dispose of items for the benefit of members. The fact it is allowed for non-commercial activity is appreciated I am sure by everyone on here.
I will have to think if I post a wanted and see what comes along or offer the sale item first.
Refugee, I know, I have had similar frustration!
OscarFoxtrot, Don't see that as a problem specific to swaps. It can happen on any single transaction when buying. Caveat emptor! You would look at each others pictures, description etc and make your own mind up.

For any sales/wanted to function correctly, you need to have mutual trust between forum members, which I do not recall EVER seeing a post about someone having this sort of problem when buying on here. Other sites, yes!
Indeed, recently there was a post along the lines of someone asking for repair assistance and the original seller joined in saying he was not aware of the problem when he disposed of it and apologising or something, or words to that effect. Sorry, can't be more specific. Such is the great level of assistance on here.
Rob